Information about the winter off-ice class offered at the Oakland Ice Center is now available. Click here for information about the class.
The SMISC congratulates the following skaters who competed at the Pacific Coast Sectional Figure Skating Championships in Spokane, WA. We are proud of you all. You can find the complete results by clicking here:
Nathan, Kevin, and Nina all qualified to represent the club at the US National Figure Skating Championships in January!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to design a logo for a figure skating competition and have it used for all of the promotional materials? Well now is your chance. The Central California Interclub Association (CCIA) will be hosting the 2016 Central Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championships next October in San Jose and they are holding a contest to design the logo for the competition. Details are below:
1. The due date for the design and the end of the contest will be November 30, 2014.
2. Judging will be done by the current CCIA Committee.
3. Winner will be announced on December 10, 2014.
4. The logo and rendering will be the sole property of CCIA.
5. Alterations may be needed from the original design by USFSA.
6. The logo must meet all competition logo rules as specified by USFSA.
7. The logo submitted for the contest may be done on computer, in pencil, pen, painting, or even crayon.
8. The winning chosen logo will have their original design printed in the program.
9. The winning logo will be used for the 2016 Central Pacific Regionals.
10. Logo design and rules from USFSA are available to download below.
11. “2016 Central Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championships” must be present in the logo.
12. Theme should have something to do with the surrounding area (San Jose, CA).
13. Please e-mail your logo design no later that 11/30/14 to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Anyone may enter – skaters, parents, board members, coaches, or other family members.
A copy of these rules along with the USFSA guidelines/rules for logo design may be downloaded by clicking here: CCIA_LOGO_CONTEST.
Congratulations to all of the club’s skaters who competed at the 2015 Central Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championships being held this weekend in Salt Lake City, Ut. You can find the complete results here. The following skaters competed in the qualifying events:
Kristen Barclay, 10th, Juvenile Girls QR Group B
Sami Lew, 9th, Senior Ladies
Alysa Liu, 7th, Juvenile Girls
Nina Ouellette, 3rd, Novice Ladies
AnnaMarie Pearce, 5th, Senior Ladies
Xylina Rusit, 5th, Junior Ladies
Mark Sandusky, 5th, Novice Men
Andreanne Sannajust, 13th Juvenile Girls QR Group A
Sarah Xia, 6th, Juvenile Girls
Alice Yang, 1st, Novice Ladies
Tiffany Yim, 9th, Intermediate Ladies
Kaysie Yu, 7th, Junior Ladies
Stephanie Yu, 8th, Juvenile Girls
Mimi Yu-Ching Chuang, 14th, Juvenile Girls
Micol Zhai, 6th, Intermediate Ladies
Congratulations to Kristi Yamaguchi who was recently awarded the United State Olympic Committee’s Rings of Gold award. This award recognizes her humanitarian work helping underprivileged children at 14 Bay Area schools. Recently KTVU channel 2 ran a profile on Kristi and her work which you can watch below. The USOC press release can be found here.
The fall St Moritz sponsored off-ice classes will start September 17. Details below:
Off-Ice Jump Class with Lynn Smith
9-week class, Wednesdays September 17 – November 12
5:45 – 6:15 pm (1/2 hour class)
$81 Members/$99 Non-members
Drop-in $12 Members / $14 Non-members
Pre-requisite: Axel Jump
Register and payment to Rosemarie Pica just before class
Stretch Class with Shawn Shubert
8-week class, Mondays August 4 – September 29
5:45 – 6:45 pm (1 hour class)
$88 Members/$104 Non-members
Drop-in $15 Members / $17 Non-members
6:15 – 6:45 pm (1/2 hour class)
$44 Members/$52 Non-members
Drop-in $7.50 Members / $8.50 Non-members
Register and payment to Shawn just before class
Always check with your coach before signing up
All classes are held in ballet room at OIC.
Make checks payable to St Moritz ISC
No refunds or credits
Please click here to read about some upcoming events as we plan for the new skating season and celebrate all that has been accomplished over the past year.
If you have not renewed yet for this year your membership has expired. If you want to compete or test you need to renew your membership. Coach members should have completed Club membership, and PSA and US Figure Skating requirements by July 1. Click here to go to the online membership site. Paper forms are also available here.